We’re approaching the ten hour countdown mark for WWDC 2009, so optimize your experience with TGR’s ultimate pre-keynote playlist. The full 17-track list is below…
1. Vida la Vida – Coldplay
Described by Gizmodo as “the official sountrack to the ‘running of the media’ event every single time”.
2. Around the Bend – The Asteroid’s Galaxy Tour
Used in the iPod touch (2G) ad, often playing at your local Apple Store.
3. La la la – The Bird and the Bee
Soundtrack to the original iPod touch spot at the 2007 iPod special event. Strangely, this one never made it to television.
4. Bruises – Chairlift
Very Apple. Used in the particularly creative iPod nano (3G) commercial.
5. Electric Feel – MGMT
A Phil Schiller favorite at Macworld 2009.
6. R.E.S.P.E.C.T. – Aretha Franklin
Best when used as your ringtone during the event…
7. Shut Up and Let Me Go – The Ting Tings
One of the better iPod + iTunes ads.
8. Hey Mama – Black Eyed Peas
Another brilliant iTunes ad sountrack.
9. You’ve Got a Friend In Me – Randy Newman
This one’s dedicated to Steve and his executive-producing talents.
10. Stronger – Kanye West
Played at MWSF 2008. Ironically, the MacBook Air is the weakest notebook Apple’s ever shipped.
11. Hold on, I’m coming – Sam & Dave
Great track, also played often at the Apple Store. Particularly suitable for a pre-keynote playlist.
12. 15 Step – Radiohead
iPhone OS 3.0 special event. One of Greg’s (Joswiak) choices? We can only speculate.
13. Sleep Through the Static – Jack Johnson
Performed by the man himself at the 2008 “Let’s Rock” special event.
14. New Soul – Yael Naim
Manilla envelope. Enough said.
15. Waiting on the World to Change – John Mayer
Absolutely essential for any Apple playlist.
16. 1234 – Feist
Usually played right before the keynote.
And a bonus, post-keynote track:
17. I Left My Heart in San Francisco – Tony Bennett
Quite possibly the most heartfelt keynote performance ever.
Enjoy! – r.