Note: Some of our readers have noticed that the ‘Sister Sites’ link on the sidebar takes you to this page. We’re not sure why this is the case but we’re working on getting it fixed. – r.
With only a matter of days/weeks (hopefully) until the anticipated release of iPhone 2.2, here’s a summary of what’s been found from beta testing of the firmware:
1. Redesigned Safari: According to Wired, the new Mobile Safari web browser will have the Google search bar built in, requiring one less tap to search the web.
2. Cleaner App Store: While we have seen some subtle changes to the iPhone’s App Store in the last few weeks, with the new release of the firmware categories will be reorganized and installing Apps is said to be even quicker.
3. iTunes Podcasts: iPhone owners will soon be able to download Podcasts directly from the device. However, unlike the songs already available to purchase through Wi-Fi only, Podcasts (both audio and video) of 10MB or less will be able to be downloaded through a 3G or EDGE connection.
4. Relocated data wheel: TGR has recognized that the status wheel that is displayed right next to Data/Wi-Fi icon on your iPhone’s menu bar will be relocated to the middle of the bar, next to the time. This is nothing special, but worth mentioning none the less.
5. Auto-Correction Toggle: iPhone 2.2 will feature a nice auto-correction on/off toggle in Settings.
6. Copy and Paste: Nah, just kidding. Remember, it’s Apple we’re talking about!
Have a nice week, – r.